Bimbé Cultural Arts Festival
The national award winning Bimbé Cultural Arts Festival will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2019! This family oriented event is a celebration of African and African American history, culture, arts, and traditions. Visit the Bimbé History page for information on how the festival has evolved throughout the years.
50th Annual Bimbé Cultural Arts Festival
Saturday, May 18, 2019
12 p.m.-8 p.m.
Rock Quarry Park, 701 Stadium Drive
Free | All Ages
- Live Music
- Family Fun Zone
- Arts and Crafts
- Community Resources
- Ethnic Food
- Local Talent
Seating will not be provided, please bring a lawn chair or blanket.
The following is not allowed at the festival:
- No coolers
- No smoking
- No alcohol
- No personal canopies/tents
- No pets
Bimbé Weekday Event Schedule
Event Cancellation Information
Events may be canceled in the case of severe inclement weather.
- Call the weather line at 919-560-4636 and press Number 8 for the status of the event.
- Visit Facebook and / or Twitter
Please check back in 2019 for volunteer opportunities!
|Vendor Booth Fees||City Resident||Non-City Resident|
|Food (Price includes a refundable deposit. CR $50 | NCR $65)||$300||$340|
ALL NON-FOOD RELATED VENDORS:
- Click on the links below based on the type of vendor you are to begin the application process.
- Review the information on the page and then click the “add to cart” button.
- If you have registered for any DPR event in the past you should already have an account. If you do not know your login information you can click the “forgot your login name” or “forgot your password” links. If you are still having trouble logging in please call the front desk at 919-560-4355.
- If you are new and have never registered for any programs with DPR in the past, click create new account and follow the prompts.
- Once you are to the end of the process you will pay for your booth space and your application will be forwarded on to staff. At this point you will also have the ability to print and/or email your receipt. Please do so for your records.
All items must be hand-crafted, original design made by the exhibitor, authentic antiques (NO REPRODUCTIONS), original visual art, photography, graphics & fabric art, hand-crafted originals in wood, leather or metal, handmade pottery, sculptures and ceramics, hand woven baskets (NO KITS), and hand-made jewelry
All items being sold that are mass produced, reproduced, etc. Commercial Businesses are considered
Education/Non-profits who are not selling items; intended only for giving away printed literature/materials describing their community services and/or organization.
All items being consumed by participants (whether it is beverages, food, desserts, frozen treats, ice cream, etc.) are considered to be a food vendor.
The process for food vendors is different so that we can screen menu items and not have multiple vendors with the same menu. We will still try our best to accept vendors on a first come first served basis based on menu items. To apply please click on the link below. It will take you to a Food Vendor Application Form. Please fill in all the required fields. You also have the ability to upload your menu and insurance. Once the form(s) are complete it will be sent on to festival staff. Staff will review it, cross reference menu items and let you know of your standing.
If you are accepted you will be sent an email from both our registration system as well as an email from staff about the fees that are due. You will login to our registration system and pay. You will have 2 business days to pay. If you fail to pay you must contact staff to see if your space is still available. If space is not available you will be placed on the waiting list.