Kick off the holiday season at the Durham Holiday Parade!
Cheer on dynamic floats, hometown bands, drill teams, schools, and community groups as they make their way down Main Street at the Durham Holiday Parade. The procession will conclude with a guest appearance from Santa.
Saturday, December 18, 2021
Downtown Durham - Main Street
Rain or Shine
Seating will not be provided. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs and blankets.
Parade Route & Maps
The parade will start at the Health Department (Main and Dillard Streets) and end near Duke University East Campus (Main Street and Buchanan Boulevard).
Check back in December for the list of organizations participating in the 2021 Holiday Parade.
Parade Performance Areas
Designated performance areas will be located near the following intersections: Mangum and Main streets, Chapel Hill and Main streets, and Duke and Main streets.
Temporary restroom stations will be located near the following intersections: S. Elizabeth/Commerce and Main streets, Chapel Hill and Main streets, and Duke and Main streets.
Check back soon for more information!
Parade Food Vendor Information
The online Parade Application will be available online on October 8, 2021 and all applications will be due by November 12.
Once the deadline has passed, applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of their status by November 19 and asked to pay if they are accepted.
- General Unit Entry (Walking, Car, Motorcycle, Horse, etc.): This is for units promoting a non-profit, organization, business or social group.
- City Resident $75 | Non-City Resident $90
- Marching Band: Any organized marching group that plays instruments for entertainment purposes.
- Float Rental: Apply for a float rental online through the Parade Application, available online on October 8, 2021. A limited quantity is available.
- City Resident $750 | Non-City Resident $775