2018 - 2019 Youth Basketball Season
Durham Parks and Recreation offers a youth individual league for any players without a team as well as a team league for already organized teams.
- Practice will begin on November 26
- No Practices: December 14 - January 4 & January 21 - January 25
- Games will begin on December 8
- Game Locations are at Walltown Park Recreation Center, Edison Johnson Recreation Center, Community Family Life and Recreation Center at Lyon Park, W.D. Hill Recreation Center and Holton Career & Resource Center.
- Parent Information Sheet (PDF)
Cancellation Line: Call 919-560-4636, and select 9 to find out game/practice status in case of inclement weather.
For information on the individual league, email Jonathan Ray or call 919-560-4355, ext. 27221.
The DPR Youth Basketball Team League is for already organized area teams looking for a competitive youth basketball league. Practices will start in October, with games beginning in November and running through February. Uniforms/jerseys will not be provided for teams.
- 7/8 Division Schedule
- 9/10 Division Schedule
- 11/12 Division Schedule
- Age Groups: 7-8, 9-10, 11-12
- Registration: September 1 - October 7 in person or online
- Team Fee: $336 per team
- Non-City Resident Fee: $12 per person
- All Teams must complete and submit a team roster upon registering for this league. Contact the league coordinator to receive this document.
- Game Locations are at I.R. Holmes, Sr. Recreation Center at Campus Hills, W.D. Hill Recreation Center, and Holton Career and Resource Center
- The volunteer form / link and background check form for each coach, both head and assistant, for each team must be submitted to Abby Brown by September 14.
- The background check form cannot be processed by DPR unless accompanied by the volunteer form and/or the confirmation form that says you have completed it online.
- Rosters (PDF) are to be completed and submitted to Abby Brown, in full, with a minimum of 8 players by October 5.
- Rosters must contain both the head coach and assistant coaches information in order to be accepted and considered valid.
Cancellation Line: Call 919-560-4636, and select 9 to find out game/practice status in case of inclement weather
For information on the team league, email Abby Brown or call 919-560-4355, ext. 27239.