Durham Parks and Recreation offers a youth individual league for any players without a team.
Please note that all participants, including spectators, will be held to the standards listed in our code of conduct.
For information for the Individual League, email Jonathan Ray or call 919-560-4355, ext. 27221
Weather cancellation information: 919-560-4636 Press 9
2021-2022 Youth Basketball Individual League
Youth Basketball Individual League is for youth ages 5-12 who want to compete in organized games against their peers. Each child will be placed on a team which is led by a volunteer coach. Returning players may elect to stay with their coach from last season or to enter the assessment process.
- Age Groups: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12
- November 15, 2021 - February 26, 2022
- Practices will begin on November 15
- Games will begin December 6
- Practices and Games will be held at Walltown Park Recreation Center, Edison Johnson Recreation Center, the Community Family Life & Recreation Center at Lyon Park, and/or W.D. Hill Recreation Center
- City Residents $28 | Non-City Residents $43
This season, all players must attend the pre-season player assessment with their group. Assessments give staff and coaches an opportunity to observe and document player’s ability levels by having them complete drills which showcase their skills. The environment is meant to be fun and low pressure with an emphasis on teaching fundamentals. Data from the assessment is utilized by staff in order to maintain the competitive balance of our leagues. When players skip the assessment is hurts the competitive balance of the league and reduces the level of fun for everyone.
|Age Group||Date||Location||Time (By Last Name)|
|5-6 year olds||Saturday, November 6||Walltown Park Recreation Center||A-M 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.|
N-Z 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
|7-8 year olds||Saturday, November 6||Walltown Park Recreation Center||A-M 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
N-Z 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
|9-10 year olds||Wednesday, November 3||Community Family Life & Recreation Center at Lyon Park||A-M 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
N-Z 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
|11-12 year olds||Thursday, November4||Edison Johnson Recreation Center||A-M 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
N-Z 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Registration: September 20 - November 1, 2021
- Register Online or at the Durham Parks and Recreation Administration Office located at 400 Cleveland Street. In person registration is by appointment only.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Athletics Safety Precautions
As always our main goal is to provide our participants with a safe environment to play and have social experiences. Visit our Athletics page to learn more about the safety protocols and modifications that have been put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.