2019 - 2020 Youth Basketball Season
Durham Parks and Recreation offers a youth individual league for any players without a team as well as a team league for already organized teams.
Please note that all participants, including spectators, will be held to the standards listed in our code of conduct.
For information for the Individual League, email Jonathan Ray or call 919-560-4355, ext. 27221
For information about the Team League, email Abby Brown or call 919-560-4355, ext. 27239
Weather cancellation information: 919-560-4636 Press 9
2019 - 2020 Individual League Basketball Schedule
Youth Basketball Individual League is for youth ages 5-12 who want to compete in organized games against their peers. Each child will be placed on a team which is led by a volunteer coach. Returning players may elect to stay with their coach from last season or to enter the assessment process.
- Age Groups: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12
- Register Online: September 1 - November 1
- $28 City Resident | $43 Non-City Resident
- Assessments: First time players and players moving up to a different age bracket are to attend one (and only one) of our player assessments. Assessments will be held at Walltown Park Recreation Center on November 5 and 6. You must attend with your age group.
- Tuesday, November 5
- 5-6 years olds: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- 9-10 year olds: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 6
- 7-8 year olds: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- 11-12 year olds: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 5
- Practice will begin on November 18
- Games will begin on December 14
- Game Locations are at Walltown Park Recreation Center, Edison Johnson Recreation Center, Community Family Life and Recreation Center at Lyon Park, W.D. Hill Recreation Center and Holton Career & Resource Center
9/10 2019 - 2020 Team Basketball Schedule
The DPR Youth Basketball Team League is for already organized area teams looking for a competitive youth basketball league. Practices will start in October, with games beginning in November and running through February. Uniforms/jerseys will not be provided for teams.
- Age Groups: 7-8, 9-10, 11-12
- Registration: September 1 - October 7 in person or online
- Team Fee: $336 per team
- Non-City Resident Fee: $12 per person
- All Teams must complete and submit a team roster upon registering for this league. Contact the league coordinator to receive this document.
- Game Locations are at I.R. Holmes, Sr. Recreation Center at Campus Hills, W.D. Hill Recreation Center, and Holton Career and Resource Center
- The volunteer form / link and background check form for each coach, both head and assistant, for each team must be submitted to Abby Brown by September 14.
- The background check form cannot be processed by DPR unless accompanied by the volunteer form and/or the confirmation form that says you have completed it online.
- Rosters (PDF) are to be completed and submitted to Abby Brown, in full, with a minimum of 8 players by October 5.
- Rosters must contain both the head coach and assistant coaches information in order to be accepted and considered valid.