Durham Senior Games
2023 Durham Senior Games & SilverArts
April 17-May 4, 2023
This Olympic-style event is designed to create a year-round health promotion and competition for participants that are 50+ years old. Participants will compete in a wide range of events including heritage and visual arts, croquet, table tennis, basketball shooting, swimming, shuffleboard, pickleball, and more!
The Durham Senior Games and SilverArts (DSGSA) are coordinated by Durham Parks and Recreation in partnership with Humana, Durham Center for Senior Life, NC Cooperative Extension, Durham Arts Council, and Local Government Federal Credit Union.
This program is sanctioned by North Carolina Senior Games, Inc. (NCSG) and is sponsored statewide by the North Carolina Division of Aging. It offers:
- A year-round wellness program for persons 50 years and better that began in 1983
- Opportunities for participating in sports, arts, and social activities
- A chance to make new friends and renew old friendships
Registration Dates & Entry Fees
Please note, registration fees do not include golf or bowling.
Register February 6 through March 10, 2023
|City Resident||Non-City Resident|
|$15||$19||Play More Card|
|$17 ||$21||No Play More Card|
How to Register
Register online through our ActiveNet site beginning February 6, 2023.
To obtain a copy of the Official Entry Form, please email Michael Honeycutt at Michael.Honeycutt@durhamnc.gov. Checks can be made payable to: The City of Durham.
Attention: Durham Senior Games
Durham Parks and Recreation
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham, NC 27701
To participate in the DSGSA you must be 50 years of age or better on or before December 31, 2023. Proof of age may be required upon request. Participants must be Durham County residents for a minimum of 3 consecutive months of the year.
For sporting events, men and women compete in separate categories in age brackets 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, and 100+ based on age as of December 31, 2023. SilverArts competitors are not divided into categories based on age or gender.
Please visit the SilverArts page for eligibility details for Heritage Arts, Literary Arts, Visual Arts, and Performing Arts.
- No events will be delayed for latecomers. Event start time is forfeit time and refunds will not be granted for no-shows or latecomers.
- The safety and sportsmanlike conduct of everyone is of paramount concern. Durham Senior Games & SilverArts officials have the authority to remove participants.
- Every effort will be made to reduce the wait-times for participants in each individual event. With a large number of participants involved in the events, the exact time that a participant begins and completes an event is determined by how many people sign up for the event, the brackets (if applicable) as determined by age, and how long each participant takes to complete his/her/their event. Please be aware that you may be waiting for a while before you are called for your age group. Age groups are not always called in age order.
- Medals are awarded to the first, second, and third place finalists by division for all events except the SilverStriders Fun Walk.
- Successful completion in sanctioned athletic events will qualify you to represent DSGSA at the NC Senior Games (NCSG) State Finals competition.
- For Visual and Heritage Arts, winning first, second, or third place will qualify you to represent the DSGSA at the State Finals.
- DSGSA will not release awards to anyone other than the winning participant.
- Persons who qualify for State Finals will receive their confirmation and NCSG registration info by June 15, 2023 in the mail. Persons wishing to compete at State Finals must submit their entry to NCSG by August 1, 2023.
DSGSA officials reserve the right to cancel or postpone events due to inclement weather or any unusual or extenuating circumstance. There will be no refunds for cancelled or postponed events. We have set rain dates for most events, and will make every effort to follow the established DSGSA schedule. Come prepared for all types of weather. Call 919-560-4636 #8 during the DSGSA for a recording of any schedule updates.
Durham Senior Games and SilverArts Contact
For more information on the DSGSA, email Michael Honeycutt at Michael.Honeycutt@durhamnc.gov or call 919-560-4288.