Get fit with Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR). Check out DPR's fitness facilities/wellness centers, fitness classes, and wellness passes.
Our fitness/wellness centers are open for reservations. Please bring your own towel when working out in our facilities.
The following recreation centers offer both cardio and strength equipment. Visit the facility pages for more information on hours and the types of equipment available.
- Edison Johnson Recreation Center
- Holton Career and Resource Center
- I.R. Holmes, Sr. Recreation Center at Campus Hills
- Walltown Park Recreation Center
- W.D. Hill Recreation Center
Indoor Walking Track
Fitness/Wellness Center & Indoor Walking Track Reservations
Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Reservations will last for a 45-minute timeframe.
Online Reservation Instructions
- Visit our ActiveNet registration site.
- Select Reservations and Availability in the top menu or the middle icon at the bottom of the page labeled Rentals. Reservations and Availability.
- Click on the Request Reservations button.
- Login to your account or select Create New Account.
- Under Event Type select Fitness Wellness Center Rental or Indoor Walking.
- Under Description type in Gym if using the Fitness/Wellness Center or type in Walking if using the Indoor Walking Track.
- For Number of Guests type the number of people including yourself that will be using the facility and click Continue. Please note, due to COVID-19 we have the following capacity limits in place at each facility:
- W.D. Hill Recreation Center - 1 individual only
- Edison Johnson Recreation Center - Up to 2 individuals
- I.R. Holmes, Sr. Recreation Center at Campus Hills - Up to 2 individuals
- Holton Career & Resource Center - Up to 2 individuals
- Walltown Park Recreation Center - Fitness/Wellness Center - Up to 4 individuals
- Walltown Park Recreation Center - Indoor Walking Track - Up to 10 individuals
- Under the Choose the location or area for your event, leave Any Location and Any Areas selected.
- Under Choose the type of facility for your event, select Fitness Room (if reserving the Indoor Walking Track this option will not be visible).
- Under Choose the facility for your event select the facility you would like to reserve.
- Under Specify facility amenities or special features your event requires leave the drop-down menu on One and select Unspecified and click Continue.
- Under Select click on the checkbox, and click Continue.
- Add in the same date for the Begin date and End date (leave Number of Weeks blank).
- Select the block of time from the drop-down menu of Available Time Slots and click Continue.
- Review your reservation date and select Continue.
- Select Continue on the next screen.
- Click on the waiver links to review the 2021 General Registration Waiver. After reviewing the waiver, add your initials and click Continue.
- Review your registration, and click on Submit.
- A Reservation Request Receipt will be shown, and a copy will also be emailed to you.
If you need to go back throughout any part of the reservation process, be sure to use the drop-down menu to go back to a previous step. Do not use the web browser back button.
Fitness/Wellness Center Payment
Payment will be accepted during check-in at the facility. Payment can be made via credit card, cash, check, or monthly wellness/open gym pass. Visit the Pass Sales page for details on daily entrance fees, punch passes, and monthly wellness/open gym passes.
Please email us with any questions regarding Fitness/Wellness Center or Indoor Walking Track Reservations or call the recreation center that you would like to make a reservation at.
Fitness Classes - In-Person and Virtual
DPR offers a variety of in-person and virtual fitness classes. Some of our regular offerings include Zumba, Yoga, Fast 30, Spinning, and more! View our ActiveNet site for our current fitness offerings.
We are currently also offering a number of Virtual Fitness Classes. View our ActiveNet site for our current virtual fitness offerings.
Daily Entrance Fees
Pay a Daily Entrance Fee for one day of access to all of our recreation and aquatics facilities.