Bull City Reels on Wheels
Bull City Reels on Wheels
Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) is bringing free movies to the big screen this holiday season! Watch from the comfort of your vehicle or bring your own chairs and sit in front of your vehicle. Registered participants can also ride bikes, ride public transportation, or walk to the event.
|Date||Time||Location||Movie Title & Rating||Registration|
|Saturday, December 3||5:30 p.m.||Durham County Memorial Stadium, 750 Stadium Drive||TBD||Register online beginning Monday, November 21 at 9 a.m.|
|Saturday, December 3||8:30 p.m.||Durham County Memorial Stadium, 750 Stadium Drive||TBD||Register online beginning Monday, November 21 at 9 a.m.|
All Bull City Reels on Wheels events are free, but tickets must be reserved online. Only one ticket is needed per parking spot.
Reserving your ticket online guarantees you entry to the show. We only authorize as many tickets as we have spots available for each show. Ticket registration will be taken online until all spots are full or until 3 p.m. the day before the event. No tickets will be issued at the gate.
No shows are no fun! If you reserve a ticket and can no longer attend, please let us know as soon as possible!
Food will be available for purchase. A variety of food trucks will be on-site with food and dessert options. The gates will open 1 hour before the show starts - come early and enjoy some great food before the show!
Food trucks will remain open until approximately 15 minutes before the end of the movie.
You are welcome to bring your own food to the movie. We ask you to consider supporting your local Durham economy by purchasing your concession items on-site.
All food vendor spaces have been filled. We hope you will apply next year! If you would like to be added to our email list to receive vending information for future events, please fill out the DPR Vendor Database Form at Form Center • Durham Parks & Recreation, NC • CivicEngage (dprplaymore.org)
Volunteer opportunities coming soon!
Important Safety Information
You must remain in your assigned space unless you are visiting a food truck or the restroom. If you are riding a bike or walking to the event, please reserve a space online for your party and you will be assigned a spot onsite where you can park your bike and set up your chairs.
There will be several speakers amplifying the movie. If it rains and attendees will be in their cars you will be able to listen on your car radio. We will provide you the station at the event if we switch to FM transmission due to weather. An FM tuner is required to listen to the movie in your vehicle. We do not provide radios or power.
- Turn your key to the “accessory” position and tune your radio to the station provided at the event.
- There is no app to listen to the movie soundtrack; an FM tuner is required.
- If you do not have an FM tuner in your vehicle stereo you will need to bring a portable battery-powered boombox or radio.
Bull City Reels on Wheels events are rain or shine. Rain dates will not be offered for these events.
Events may be canceled in the case of severe inclement weather or high winds. Cancellation updates will be posted on this page, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Event status updates can also be accessed by calling the weather line at 919-560-4636, and pressing Number 8.
- Can I leave my vehicle engine running during the movie?
- Can I sit outside?
- Where can I park or setup my chairs? Where is the best spot?
- Can I let my children run around?
- Can I bring my dog?
- Are restrooms available?
- Can I smoke?
- Can I bring alcohol or cannabis?
- Can I reserve a ticket at the gate?
- What happens if it rains?
- Can I get in after the show starts?
- Do I need a car or can I walk-in?
- I have friends arriving later. Can I reserve a spot next to mine for them?
- Can I park backwards?
- Can I leave and come back in?
- Are there any restrictions on the use of my stereo, like for example the volume?
- Can I talk during the movie?
- How do I turn off my headlights and tail lights?
- Will my battery die? And if so, what do I do?
- How big is the drive-in screen?
The City of Durham assumes no responsibility for injury, property loss, illness, or damage of any kind. City Staff reserve the right to adopt or change any rule at any time, with or without notice, to best serve our customer and staff's safety as well as our best business practice.