- PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- Indoor Pools
- Indoor Pool Lap Lane Reservations
Indoor Pool Lap Lane Reservations
Edison Johnson Aquatics Center and Campus Hills Pool are open for lap swim for drop-in and reservations.
Beginning April 4, Edison Johnson Aquatic Center and Campus Hills Pool will only have lane reservations available Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. During these times, patrons without reservations are welcome, but lane reservations patrons will have priority to the lane space. Drop-in lap swim will be available, hours subject to change.
Lap Swim Information
- Lap swim reservations will last for a 45-minute timeframe.
- Reservations will not be required but can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Drop-in patrons will have access to lap swim set reservation blocks, if there is lane space available and will need to complete a reservation at that time. Drop-in patrons are encouraged to check online or call facility for availability.
- Three swimmers will be allowed per lane.
- In the event a patron needs a lane to themselves please contact DPRAquatics@Durhamnc.gov.
- Patrons should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their reservation timeslot.
- Lap Swim Reservations will be forfeited if patron is not present at 15 minutes into to reservation block and drop-in patrons will be allowed to swim if and when lane space is available.
- Equipment will be available for lap swim, such as kickboards, pull buoys, and noodles. Patrons may bring personal swimming or fitness equipment.
- Locker rooms will be available to patrons during their visit. If desired, a basket can be provided for patrons to store personal belongings at their lane.
- In the case of inclement weather, DPR staff will communicate with patrons if a reservation will need to be canceled.
Lap Swim Hours
For current Lap Swim hours and availability, visit the Edison Johnson Aquatics Center page and Campus Hills Pool page. Lap swim reservations are not required but can made up to 7 days in advance. All lap swim hours are subject to change.
Lap Swim Reservations
Reservations are not required but can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Online Reservation Instructions
- Visit our ActiveNet registration site.
- Select Reservations and Availability in the top menu or the middle icon at the bottom of the page labeled Rentals. Reservations and Availability.
- Click on the Request Reservations button.
- Login to your account or select Create New Account.
- Under Event Type select Indoor Pool Lap Lane Rental.
- Under Description type in Lap Swim.
- For Number of Guests type in 1 and click Continue.
- Under the Choose the location or area for your event, leave Any Location and Any Areas selected.
- Under Choose the type of facility for your event, select Indoor Pool Lap Lane Rental.
- Under Choose the facility for your event select the Pool and Lap Lane you would like to reserve.
- Under Specify facility amenities or special features your event requires leave the drop-down menu on One and select Lap swim lane and click Continue.
- Under Select click on the checkbox, and click Continue.
- Add in the same date for the Begin date and End date (leave Number of Weeks blank).
- Select the block of time from the drop-down menu of Available Time Slots and click Continue.
- Review your reservation date and select Continue.
- Select Continue on the next screen.
- Click on the waiver links to review Aquatics Covid Know Before You Go, General Registration Waiver, Aquatics Waiver. After reviewing all of the waivers, add your initials beside each one and click Continue.
- Review your registration, and click on Submit.
- A Reservation Request Receipt will be shown, and a copy will also be emailed to you.
If you need to go back throughout any part of the reservation process, be sure to use the drop-down menu to go back to a previous step. Do not use the web browser back button.
Lap Swim Payment
Payment will be accepted during check-in at the facility. Payment can be made via credit card, cash, check, punch pass, or monthly swim pass. Visit the Indoor Pools page for details on daily entrance fees, punch passes, and monthly swim passes.
Please email DPR Aquatics with any questions regarding Lap Swim Reservations or call the Edison Johnson Aquatic Center at 919-560-4265 and Campus Hills Pool at 919-560-4444.
If additional accommodations are needed, such as access to the pool lift or ramp, please contact us prior to your visit.