View all facilities

Garrett Road Park

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5


  1. Greenway / Trail Access
  2. Grill
  3. Pickleball Lined Courts
  4. Picnic Shelter
  5. Picnic Tables
  6. Playground (Ages 5-12)
  7. Restrooms
  8. Tennis Backboard
  9. Tennis Courts
  10. Tire Swing
  11. Water Fountain

The bathrooms at Garrett Road Park are closed for repairs. A temporary bathroom will be placed until repairs have been completed. Please stay tuned to our website for updates.

Garrett Road Park

Garrett Road Park is a 7.64 acre park located in South Durham across from Jordan High School. This park features tennis courts, pickleball courts, a picnic shelter, playground, and more!

Please note, fishing is not allowed at Garrett Road Park.

Picnic Shelter

Visit the picnic shelter rentals page for complete details on renting the shelter at Garrett Road Park.

Athletic Rentals

Visit the athletic rentals page for complete details on renting a court at Garrett Road Park.

Public Art

Artist: Jermaine Powell

Completed: September 2018

In addition to supplementing the diversity of the City’s growing public art collection and supporting the facilities available at City parks, the Neighborhood Park Mural Project aims to engage local artists in the creation of murals that celebrate the culture and history of Durham’s neighborhoods. Jermaine Powell is a Fuquay-Varina based visual artist who draws inspiration from the desire to craft beautiful environments in which his son can grow and play. Powell is committed to creating art that will be functional aspect within the community and a vision of positive development; he seeks to “wow” visitors to Garret Road Park with his installation on the newly renovated bathroom facility. 

Tennis mural on the restroom building at Garrett Road Park

Park History

Garrett Road runs across a long stretch of southwestern Durham, between this park at the road's intersection with Hope Valley Road, to its intersection with Pickett Road. It was named after Ernest Garrett Sr., who established his house and farm in 1927.